Saturday, April 3, 2010

Wasting Time

I am currently wasting time at home. Patna is supposed to be a capital city but the pace of life and the infrastructure is nowhere close to its title-hood. I am a victim to its pathetically slow internet.

One of the problems about being at home is that you don't get too much to talk about. There are a few generic features eg. the persistent invitation to eat something, the constant fuss about your health and the TV soaps. This used to be commonplace, something I took in my stride 10 years back but today, it is a challenge.

I look forward to my one year at ISB where I will hopefully come across people with different takes on life. Though I was unimpressed by howls of adoration for a buddhist monk or a over-achieving handicapped individual who will 'grace' our batch. All I say is that let us judge them on their merit in class and not on their background. Everyone should get to start equal in a new batch.


No comments: