Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fun to be a cynic


I am an aspirational cynic. I am not really cynical or sarcastic about most things in reality, but being the devil's advocate for anything and everything that comes my way is fun.

It doesn't win you many friends, but it does a few. And conversation with those few is a pleasure that doesn't seem to have a date of expiration.

I am motivated to write this as I read the 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy' again and can't resist a chuckle or a belly laugh every other paragraph. Douglas Adams is a master.

Once you do explore the road of cynicism and sarcasm, you realize that the whole world is your playground. You can be close-minded and argue expecting the other person to prove the validity of his/her point while who chip away at it with imaginative (yet logical) arguments.

2 comments:

Aathira Nair said...

These fun arguments... which you just argue for the sake of it.. I just dont get it... how do you argue without the passion for the deal at hand?

Sumit said...

oh well ... I find it very easy to argue just for the heck of it. Everything has bound to have two opposite sides to it. Just go with the side the person doesn't believe in :)

What are you doing busy reading these random blogs. Go take care of the kid. Shame!