Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blast in Koregaon Park

Woo Hoo … something exciting to tell my grandchildren about. There was a blast in Koregaon Park in Pune at the famous German Bakery. The bakery is around lane A. I live in lane C. And the lanes are not that far apart. Ok, time for familiar comments: “I am shocked out of my wits”, “This is unheard of (but actually it is, remember 26/11)”, “Pune was supposed to be a safe city” etc etc. But seriously speaking, now that I am close to the scene of the crime, it is quiet difficult to be nonchalant about it. I did the stupid mistake of walking over to the bakery only to hear in the news later that an unexploded IED was still around in an auto. (Note: remember to tell this part to grandchildren as well, if I learn from my mistakes i.e.). The place is a shambles. Thullas are everywhere.

No comments: